I hope you all had a fantastic holiday and are ready to return to school on Monday 17th of July. I know I am looking forward to hearing all about your child’s holiday adventures. We have another exciting term of learning planned and I am looking forward to seeing student’s abilities and confidence grow further this term.
This term, we will be focusing on Australia and Australian animals through our English program. To support our learning around this topic, we will be going on an excursion to Perth Zoo on Friday the 11th of August. A note regarding this will be sent home on Monday.
Below are a few important notes:
- In week 2, on Tuesday 25th of July, we will be celebrating our 100th Day of School. Please see the note sent home last term of the information on the blog regarding our fun dress up day that will form part of our celebrations (I have also included a copy to this blog post).
- Our school photos will be on Friday 21st of July.
- This term’s oral language program is Mystery Boxes. There are three different sized boxes. Your child will receive each of the different sized box over the course of the term. Please help your child to find something from home that will fit into the mystery box (please no toys and also discuss with your child what could potentially fit into the sized box they have). Inside the box you will receive 4 clue cards so they can tell their peers and allow them to guess what’s inside the box. Clues could include what it looks like (shape, size, colour), what it might be used for, what it is made out of, where it is kept in the houses and anything else that will help us guess what’s inside the box. Please allow your child to write the clues down with your assistance. Any questions please come and see me.
- Please bring in your $5 for Semester Two cooking at your earliest convenience. Students have LOVED participating in our cooking program and we would love to cook some new recipes in Semester Two.
- Save The Date (Dads) – On Friday the 1st of September, we will be having a special Fathers Day Morning.
- Our home readers will be sent home on Monday, week 2. Each term our books are returned at the end of week 9 and all of the books are checked off and we are given a new trolley of books to borrow from. Thank you for your understanding in recognising that we do have week 10 and week 1 off home reading to allow for this transition of reading books throughout the school.
- On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, we will be commencing new morning writing books. These morning books are focusing on students reading the word (blending CVC or CVCC/CCVC sounds to read words) and then writing the word correctly using the dotted thirds lines. Our major focus in these books is developing students letter formations. Just like last term, students will only need to complete one column of words on each of these days.
Looking forward to see you all on Monday!