Today, we had some cubby fun at Kindy! Becky from Nature Play Solutions came to school and brought along LOTS of ‘stuff’ for us to be creative and use our imaginations to make an awesome cubby.
Today we met two REAL police officers!
The officers talked about how they help us in the community, what number to call in an emergency and what they wear. We got to sit inside the police car, ring the siren and see their lights flash.
We learnt lots and lots!
Hip Hip Hooray! It’s the 50th Day!!
On Tuesday, we celebrated being 50 days smarter with lots of FUN activities.
Looking forward to seeing how smart we are in 50 more days time!
Welcome back to Term 3!
We have been very happy with how the students have settled back into Kindy and are looking forward to a productive and busy term. Our theme this term is all about Community Helpers.
Our English learning intentions this term are:
- hearing and identifying initial sounds
- retell a simple story
- engage in discussions about narratives and informational texts
- identify simple punctuation, such as full stops and question marks
- develop an awareness that words are separated by spaces
- use books/texts appropriately, turn pages and identify the front cover
- build an understanding that print is constant and a reader moves left to right and top to bottom with a return sweep
- describe how the illustrations connect to the text
- identify book features, such as the title, author, illustrator
Our Numeracy learning intentions this term are:
- subitise small quantities of objects or standard patterns on a die 1- 6 regular and irregular
- use positional language, such as on, under, behind, between
- partition small numbers
- number recognition to 10
- recall what number is missing in a number line 1 to 10
- count objects by using one to one correspondence
- use the appropriate language of measurement to describe, compare and order size and length
- sort, classify and match objects according to attributes, for example colours, sizes and shapes
- answer simple questions to collect information, such as using yes/no and group items in response to questions
Happy learning everyone!
Yesterday, we had lots of fun jumping in puddles and staying warm ALL day our pyjamas.
On Tuesday, we pretended that all the power went out and our afternoon activities involved using no electricity. This is what we got up to. Making cubbies, playing marbles, dominoes, snakes and ladders, drawing with chalk on blackboards. We had LOTS of fun!!
We had SO much fun at our Lapathon yesterday. Thank you to those parents who were able to join in with the fun activities. We loved seeing you there!
This term, the students will be consolidating and extending their learning about:
- name writing with correct formation
- word awareness
- identifying letter names and associated sounds in the sequence of SATPIN CHERMED
- cutting skills
- copying and creating patterns
- recognising dice patterns without counting
- oral counting
- counting objects
- recognising numerals 1- 10
- sorting, classifying and describing materials
- recognising quantities that have more or less
These concepts will be integrated into daily activities throughout the term. We have also started ‘Intervention Groups’. This is where the students are placed in groups and each group rotates through activities that are targeted at specific literacy and numeracy skills.
Our theme this term is Nursery Rhymes. The home corner has been turned into a hospital for the students to retell and act out the nursery rhyme; Miss Polly had a Dolly.
Looking forward to a fun and busy term!
We made some delicious bear faces this week and even got to eat them! The children followed a recipe and used bread, honey, bananas and sultanas to make a bear face. Have a look at our yummy bears.
This week, we acted out our favourite story of ‘We’re Going on a Bear Hunt” in the Nature Playground. We had LOTS of fun going through the swishy swashy grass, splashing and sploshing in the river, squelching and squelching in the oozy mud, stumble trip through the deep forest, got stuck in a cold windy snowstorm and then tiptoed into a dark cave. In the cave we found 1 shiny nose, 2 furry ears and 2 big googly eyes….it was a BEAR! Sooooo we ran all the way back to our safe classroom. Phew!!