Welcome back to Term 3!
We have been very happy with how the students have settled back into Kindy and are looking forward to a productive and busy term. Our theme this term is all about Community Helpers.
Our English learning intentions this term are:
- hearing and identifying initial sounds
- retell a simple story
- engage in discussions about narratives and informational texts
- identify simple punctuation, such as full stops and question marks
- develop an awareness that words are separated by spaces
- use books/texts appropriately, turn pages and identify the front cover
- build an understanding that print is constant and a reader moves left to right and top to bottom with a return sweep
- describe how the illustrations connect to the text
- identify book features, such as the title, author, illustrator
Our Numeracy learning intentions this term are:
- subitise small quantities of objects or standard patterns on a die 1- 6 regular and irregular
- use positional language, such as on, under, behind, between
- partition small numbers
- number recognition to 10
- recall what number is missing in a number line 1 to 10
- count objects by using one to one correspondence
- use the appropriate language of measurement to describe, compare and order size and length
- sort, classify and match objects according to attributes, for example colours, sizes and shapes
- answer simple questions to collect information, such as using yes/no and group items in response to questions
Happy learning everyone!