I hope you all had a fantastic holiday and are ready to return to school on Monday 17th of July. We have another exciting term of learning planned and I am looking forward to seeing students abilities and confidence grow further this term.
This term, we will be focussing on Australia and Australian animals through our English program. To support our learning around this topic, we will be going on an excursion to Perth Zoo on Friday the 11th of August. A note regarding this will be sent home on Monday.
Below are a few important notes:
- In week 2, on Tuesday 25th of July, we will be celebrating our 100th Day of School. Please see the note provided last term of the information on the blog regarding our fun dress up day that will form part of our celebrations.
- Our school photos will be on Friday 21st of July.
- A list of topics has been placed on the blog for our weekly Topic Time. A hard copy of this will be sent out on Monday.
- Please bring in your $5 for Semester Two cooking at your earliest convenience. Students have LOVED participating in our cooking program and we would love to cook some new recipes in Semester Two.
- Save The Date (Dads)- On Friday the 1st of September, we will be having a special Fathers Day Morning.
- Our home readers will be sent home on Friday of week one. Each term our books are returned at the end of week 9 and all of the books are checked off and we are given a new trolley of books to borrow from. Thank you for your understanding in recognising that we do have week 10 and week 1 off home reading to allow for this transition of reading books throughout the school.
- On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, we will be commencing new morning writing books. These morning books are focussing on students reading the word (CVC words to start with) and then writing the word correctly using the dotted thirds lines. Our major focus in these books is developing students letter formations on the dotted thirds lines as this term, their writing books use this same format. Just like last term, students will only need to complete one column of words on each of these days.
Thanks for your continued support,