Everyone enjoyed the comfort of wearing pyjamas all day for a celebration of the Winter Solstice ( the shortest day of the year). We also wore gumboots to school, as a way of celebrating the end of our term ‘Seasons and Weather’ topic.
It was a such joy to see the delight on the students’ faces as they enjoyed interacting with each other doing some of the following activities:
- Gumboot dancing with Elmo
- Measuring their gumboot with different materials
- Building sandcastles – Summer
- Tossing leaves in the air – Autumn
- Having a picnic with friends – Spring
- Jumping in puddles – Winter
- Creating a stream to splash about in muddy puddles
- Practising mindfulness in our pyjamas
We had a “splashingly” good day!