This Friday on the 11th of August, the Pre-primary students are going to Perth Zoo. Could students please be at their classrooms by 8:20am sharp. On this day we will be doing ‘Kiss and Drop’ as we need to have all students toileted, counted and on the bus by 8:40am. It is very important we are on time as some classes will be starting their ‘Bush Party’ learning experience at 9:45.
On this day children will need:
- To be wearing their hat when they come in the door (labelled with name)
- Drink bottle in their hand (labelled with name)
- Spare change of clothes (all students MUST have a spare change in their bag, even if they do not normally have accidents – as sometimes unforeseen circumstances occur)
- To bring their normal school bags into the classroom (please ensure this is a zip up bag as we do not want the crows to get into any student lunches at the zoo)
- Lunch and recess snacks packed in their lunchbox
- Walking shoes
- Please put sunscreen on before school
ALL STUDENTS MUST WEAR PURPLE SCHOOL UNIFORM ON FRIDAY! This makes our school students easy to identify by our staff and parent helpers.
At this stage the weather is looking clear. However, if this changes please pack a rain jacket.
If you are a parent helper for the day please arrive by 8.10am so we can run through the day. Parent helpers will be responsible for their group including toileting. Please be reassured that the toilets will be checked before students enter the cubicles.
Parents, if you are joining us at the zoo, please respect the parent helpers who are in charge of your child during this time. If you are going to meet us at the zoo with younger siblings –please remember that this is an educational experience for students and we will need the students to remain focussed on this, rather than their younger siblings. During the ‘Bush Party’ experience, parents attending with younger siblings will not be able to participate as there is a separate cost for this which was already included in student’s entry fees and this program is not open to the general public.
If you have any further questions please see your classroom teacher. We look forward to an educational, fun filled day.
Thanks for your continued support,
The Pre-primary team.