By now each child would have received an Alphabet Mastery Booklet. There has been some confusion as to how this all works so here is a detailed explanation on what to do:
- Each day, your child has to practice recognising and saying each letter and the sound that it makes for each flower. If your child instantly recognises the letter and sound then you can tick one pettle or your child can colour a pettle. Repeat this process over 6 days and return the folder no less than once a week.
- If your child knows each letter and sound instantly within the first day of receiving a new set of letters then I am happy to place a new page in their booklets the next day. Some students know certain groups of letters better than other groups.
- If your child has difficulty with one or some of the letters to begin with then please don’t return the booklet until all sounds/letters are mastered and keep practising that page for at least 6 days once they have mastered the letters.
- It is really important not to rush through the pages as reinforcement and repetition is very important to help your child to be able to permanently retain the letter/sound knowledge.
- Extension Activity: For students completing the extension activity. I don’t mind if you complete the activities sooner and return the booklet sooner then once a week. This is up to you.
- Once all students have completed their entire booklet and confidently know all their letters and sounds, then I will give them their “Sight Word Mastery Booklets”
Have fun helping your child to learn!