Please note, the home program is similar to Term 2, but with some significant changes;
- Home Reading – levelled readers.
Students will move reading levels if deemed appropriate. Assessment of levels will take place later this term. Please remember that books continue to be changed every Friday.
- Term 3 Learning Goals
As soon as you or your child believes a goal from the chart has been achieved, pop it in the pink “It’s a Goal!” goal chart box next to the front door and I will assess and mark off the goal if it has been achieved. Every fortnight, students will be responsible for transferring their class goal achievements to their home learning goal chart.
- *Sight word SPELLING – see back of Term 3 goals
Spelling words have been moved to the back of the goal charts – this will make it easier for you to monitor and easier for me to communicate progress by highlighting the words your child is currently learning to spell. When ready to move on, children place these in the pink ‘It’s a Goal!’ chart so I know to assess them.
- *Sight word READING – coloured books
Children need to read AND spell all list words before moving to the next group. When ready to move on, children place these in the pink ‘It’s a Goal!’ chart so I know to assess them.
- Fortnightly homework grids
* After successfully reading and spelling all of the required spelling words (wow!) students will then begin personal lists, where words are selected from challenging daily reading tasks, writing tasks and Words Their Way sorts.
Any questions please ask!