http://aubingroveps.wa.edu.au/room-8/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2017/07/download.png 194 259 ninacollinson http://aubingroveps.wa.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/AGPS-Logo-Horizontal.png ninacollinson2017-07-13 10:47:542017-07-13 10:47:54Term 3 Learning Focus
The following is an outline of what we are teaching this term in our core subject areas.
- Narrative and Informational Report writing.
- Correct use of questions, exclamation marks and commas for lists.
- Identifying and understanding homophones.
- Identifying and understanding contractions.
- Writing simple, compound and complex sentences.
- Using interesting conjunctions in everyday writing.
- Continuation of reading strategies and our phonics target sounds.
- Words Their Way spelling sorts.
- Exploring the connection between addition and subtraction.
- Solving addition and subtraction word problems.
- Identifying and describing fractions.
- Telling time; o’clock, half past, quarter past and quarter to.
- Identifying and completing flips, slides and turns of shapes and objects.
- Locating and writing coordinates on maps.
- Data collection, classification and presentation.
- Identifying and counting Australian coins and notes.
- Chemical Science – understanding different materials can be combined for a particular purposes (mixtures and solutions).
HASS (History and Social Sciences):
History of technology changing over time.
History of significant person, building and business. – Lionel Samson and Samson House.
Geography: connections and travel to other states of Australia and Asia.
- Strategies and behaviours that promote health and wellbeing. The importance of; healthy eating, hydration, getting enough sleep, hygiene practices and regular exercise.