http://aubingroveps.wa.edu.au/room-8/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2017/09/images-1.png 194 259 ninacollinson http://aubingroveps.wa.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/AGPS-Logo-Horizontal.png ninacollinson2017-10-04 12:44:262017-09-30 12:45:20Term 4 Learning
The following is an outline of what we are teaching this term in our core subject areas.
- Review Persuasive writing.
- Poetry and Procedures.
- Review of punctuation, full stops, commas, question marks, exclamation marks and speech marks.
- Identifying and understanding homophones.
- Identifying and understanding contractions.
- Writing simple, compound and complex sentences.
- Using interesting conjunctions in everyday writing.
- Continuation of reading strategies and our phonics target sounds.
- Words Their Way spelling sorts.
- Exploring the connection between addition and subtraction.
- Multiplication and division strategies.
- Solving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division word problems.
- Locating and writing coordinates on maps.
- Data collection, classification and presentation.
- Measurement of length, area, volume and capacity.
- Physical Sciences – A push or a pull affects how an object moves or changes shape:
· Exploring ways that objects move on land, through water and in the air.
· Exploring how different strengths of pushes and pulls affect the movement of objects.
· Identifying toys from different cultures that use the forces of push or pull.
· Considering the effects of objects being pulled towards the Earth.
HASS (History and Social Sciences):
Geography/History – the ways in which Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples maintain connections to their Country/Place.
Geography: connections and travel to other states of Australia and Asia.
- Strategies and behaviours that promote mental health and wellbeing.
- Strategies to use when help is needed: Procedure and practice for dialling
000 in an emergency, Locating safety houses and trusted networks in the local community.