http://aubingroveps.wa.edu.au/room-9/wp-content/uploads/sites/39/2017/06/ran-out-and-bought-public-appropriate-jammies-pajama-clipart-720_960.png 1680 1260 naomibent http://aubingroveps.wa.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/AGPS-Logo-Horizontal.png naomibent2017-06-16 10:24:252017-06-19 08:18:22Week 8 Notes
Just a couple of notes for the upcoming weeks:
- Mr Kubicek will be coming to our class for the next 4 Thursdays! He is introducing the children to electronics & coding (which is all part of the new proposed curriculum for 2018). Ask your kiddies what we did in our first session yesterday (15/6)
- Fume Free Friday was a success, thank you for all that participated!
- On Monday we have our Lunchtime Concert, Junior Choir and Tyler will be performing. I am sure that it will be a great success.
- On Tuesday, members of the Junior Choir will go on their excursion to Regents Gardens to perform. They will be meeting outside the LC2 Music Room for an early lunch at 12:25pm and will return later in the day. If you have not yet returned the permission slip, please do so ASAP to avoid disappointment.
- On Wednesday 23rd June we will be celebrating the Winter Solstice! This means…. PYJAMAS!! Students are permitted to wear their PJs to school, however they must be appropriate and in accordance with our uniform policy (no exposed shoulders, reasonable length) Students must wear appropriate footwear and wear a hat.- We will also have an ‘Hour without power’ on this day. Students in Rm 9 are invited to bring a small blanket/pillow/teddy to snuggle up to as we enjoy a treat of marshmallows & hot chocolate 🙂
- As previously mentioned, our assembly date has changed!!! It will now be held on Tuesday 1st August. Lines will be arriving home today (16/6) and must be practised.
I will advise students what to wear, but just for your knowledge:The ‘Problem’ x 22 students: (Need two separate tops) Black t-shirt/jacket & colourful (no patterns/pictures) t-shirt which will be underneath black shirt/jacket.
The ‘Kid’ x Thomas: Normal casual clothes
- This year’s Science Week Challenge will take place in Week 2-3 of Term 3. The topic this year is all about Sustainability. In class, we have worked on calculating our ecological footprint and discussed ways that we can improve our impact on the world in becoming more sustainable. Finalists of the AGPS Science Fair will be invited to present their project at Murdoch University on 15/8/2017!!The topic this year is open, although their are some ideas included in the Science Package. Application forms will be sent home this afternoon (16/6) and are due to be returned by 30th June! Any late submissions will not be accepted.
Thanks for reading! Have a great weekend 🙂